I took a big step this week. I actually booked our flights for our trip to Florida in September. In my world, this is huge. Anyone who knows me can confirm that.
Tonight I booked the car rental. I've only rented a car when my own car has been in an accident so my experience is very, very limited. And those rentals were paid for.
Our accommodations are taken care of (we're using a friend's condo for free) so we only have to worry about eating, relaxing, and sunscreen. A pair of bicycles will be available for our use and there are lots of things within walking distance.
I need to take a deep breath here. It's almost more than I can handle.
We're both excited and looking forward. I'm already shopping for clothes that will work in my temporary, un-airconditioned office this summer and also for walking down the sunny Florida streets. But the major mission is to find a new swimsuit that flatters and deceives. Let's face it: I'm not in swimsuit testing shape. I've got to work on that.
This is a grim realization on the day after I ate my weight in tortilla chips, salsa, nacho cheese, M&M's, and party mix. Now there are two of me to lug around (pound-wise).
I need to have just a tad more foresight. And perhaps a major stomach flu.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
One Big Step
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patrick and Stephanie both suggest Enterprise. Steph has done lots of traveling for work and has tried them all. She has had the most reliability with enterprise. Also, I suggest you think about tanning a little before you go. I know your skin and I don't want your vacation to be spoiled by sun poisoning.
Post a Comment