Want to get pissed off? Listen to this.
R has been watching what he eats ever since his doctor advised him to. He lost a pound and a half in the first 24 hours. I know. Ridiculous. Within a week, he'd lost probably five pounds. By the time we went on vacation, he'd lost seven.
He returned from vacation at the same weight as when he left. Today, he told me he was down another two pounds for a total of nine. His weight loss is noticeable now and he's probably about a third of the way to his goal.
Disclaimer: I love my husband and am so pleased he is taking the weight loss seriously. I'm happy it's working for him and grateful that he's improving his health and longevity potential. This is for the record only. Now how does this all make me feel?
I live in the same house, and eat pretty much the same things. Has an ounce of weight loss occurred on my much smaller frame? My guess is no, but I'm too freakin' scared to get on the scale. I believe I'm at an all-time high and vacation has only made that higher. I don't think I returned from Florida at the same weight as when I left. Heck, I don't think I'm the same weight I was this morning. And the direction of change is not down....
I've been thinking I need some kind of exercise machine that would help me tone up. Then I decide I'm delusional if I think I'll use it for longer than the time it takes to set it up. My shoulder is bothering me again though, and while lifting weights helped that earlier, I am completely bored by that (yet another thing R does better than me). I'd like a machine that works lots of body parts and areas, is cheap, compact, and that wouldn't bore me instantly. Christie Brinkley makes the Total Gym look like fun, doesn't she? I'm such a gullible consumer.
Okay, enough of that. I did resist the urge to buy a huge bag of M&M's today at Sam's. So basically I rock, huh? You bet I do.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Diet update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment