My skin as broken out like I'm 13 years old. It's pissing me off. At the same time, I am pretty darn sure I'm having hot flashes. R said last night I actually felt hot which is something that has only happened a handful of times in our marriage and all of those times I was sick with fever. They started about a week ago. They didn't ease in, they just started up. It was a different kind of heat, where I felt more like a kettle boiling from the inside than the warm, fuzzy feeling as if I was wrapped in an afghan, that I had imagined it would feel like. It's weird but I'm not complaining. At least I'm not having cold flashes.
I don't have any official confirmation because it would take a phone call to make an appointment and a blood test and I don't have time for either. But it's about time since I'll be 52 in two weeks.
I'm also crabby but that is an omnipresent state with me. Well, if not omnipresent, it's at least lurking below the surface. Hormones just make it bubble up more frequently. Or boil like a kettle.
Still, I think it's an interesting process. Lots of things going on that I'd love to blame on hormones or the lack thereof, but probably can't justify it. I thought my hair was thinning again, but I went back on the B-12 and it's doing okay now. I can't seem to lose weight but I can't seem to stop eating peanut M&M's. I don't sleep as well as I'd like sometimes, but can usually do okay if I just practice a little deep breathing and chillax.
We've watched some of Ken Burns' "National Parks" the past couple of days and I like it. R gets a little bored with Ken Burns' stuff, but I can get into it. We've both been thinking about where to go on vacation next year, and the documentary is helping us come up with ideas.
Gotta go learn something from PBS. I'll keep you posted on the hormones.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Hormones
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment