Sunday, December 20, 2009

Exhale

I'm exhaling a little, and unshrugging my shoulders while I unclench my jaw. Not entirely, but I'm relaxing as much as I have in the past week.

I just ate two pieces of rockin' pizza. Crust was perfect. I've got a batch of noodles drying on the dining room table. Well, a half batch. I'm only making what I think I'll need for Thursday's soup. The chicken is cooked and the stock is in the fridge, ready to go back on the stove when it needs to get pulled together. I'll cut up the veggies for the soup on Wednesday night.

I wrapped the rest of the gifts this afternoon. Then I wiped down the kitchen cabinets and scrubbed the floor. I also wiped down the door jambs and walls throughout the house that had our blind pug's face prints on them. Poor old blind dog.

We trimmed the black pug's nails today (I got one a little short but she recovered quickly). Also, both pugs got baths, largely in part to the fact that one of them pooped in their crate last night and they stunk. Turns out they needed a bath anyway, so it wasn't as untimely as it could have been.

We wrapped up shopping yesterday. I always wonder if I'm really done, but I think I am. R is done too I think. He went out this afternoon and is wrapping now. My middle son called asking about gift ideas for his sister which lets me know he is getting his shopping done too. Ahhh. Exhale.

I work three days and then I'm off until January 4th. I've decided I need a crochet project, and may try to go out and get some yarn before the holiday.

R's brother from Rhode Island called today and will be in late on Christmas day. He may be staying here, but we'll see. He'll probably try to stay with the brother with ALS if he can, but circumstances at that house may make that difficult. We'll be ready either way. R cleaned his bathroom today and I'm catching up laundry. I need to go fold towels.

I think I have a doctor's appointment this week. I need to call and find out when. I made a dentist appointment for the 30th and I hope I can make it until then. My broken tooth is making my jaw ache. I think I waited too long to take care of that one, but when I switched jobs there was an 8 month waiting period on crowns and I think I'm going to need one. Even with that I'll still have to pay half. Is health care reform going to touch dental coverage I wonder? Guess I shouldn't hope for too much.

I'm rambling, but this is the first time I've sat down today. I need to get up and take some ibuprophen for my tooth. Tomorrow night I have a chocolate chip cheesecake to make for an office pot luck on Tuesday.

No comments: