I kind of went into panic mode yesterday. I realized it was December 14 which left me 10 days (9 really) until the kids come in o the 24th and we have our Christmas together. I have been confused about the dates all month. I write the correct date on things, but in my head I think it's the 2nd or the 4th. Maybe the 6th. I seem to be missing some time. Did I black out? I didn't drink THAT much.
So when I get into panic mode, the best thing I can do is make a plan. I made a list of things to do each day for the next 9 days. Some things were already on the calendar (I have my bunco dinner tomorrow night) and some had to be inserted when there was time (wrapping, shopping, baking). I felt like I was carrying around too much in my head, so writing out a plan is a relief.
Tonight R went to get groceries and I started wrapping. I also updated my shopping list and found that we are really close to being done.
Last night was tough. R's sister-in-law called and wanted some help with getting a room ready for his brother who has been diagnosed with ALS. She wants to bring in a hospital bed for him and make him a room on the first floor of their house, but the room needed to be cleared and cleaned. I honestly don't mind cleaning, and R brought our son along to help move furniture, but it was kind of a last minute request and I had other things to get done this week (and this was even before I made my list). I know, I'm a horrible person. Unfortunately, their house is pretty filthy so cleaning isn't just running a vacuum and wiping down walls. R said he would take care of what needed to be done and they moved furniture and began cleaning the carpet. It hadn't been swept in ages and was covered with dog pee. It's probably just as well I didn't go because I would have been stressed at the situation and the task at hand.
This is the same sister-in-law who yelled at me a couple of weeks ago and told me my husband is horrible. She's not herself right now, and I get that. But still it's hard. She is a former hospice nurse but she called me last Sunday to ask how my mother coped with my father's ALS. I know it's a terminal illness, but I do think it's a little early to call in hospice which she said she was doing this week. R's brother is still going to work every day, and she's having hospice come in to see him. Seems a little odd.
We were supposed to have shrimp tonight but after I made it and we started eating it, we decided it wasn't very good. We don't know if it was old or overcooked. We ate a few and then we pitched it. Now I've got indigestion and am hoping I don't have food poisoning. I have no room for that on my list.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Makin' a list
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment