Sunday, October 31, 2010

Withdrawal

I can't remember when my tooth started hurting, but I think it's been about three weeks now.  I had my root canal on Tueday and I'll get it crowned on Thursday (God willing and the creek don't rise...) but my goal is to be done with the doses of ibuprofen that have kept me going.  I'm not sure how my body is going to react.

I took two tablets last night around 5:00.  I didn't take any more at bedtime when I took another dose of my antibiotic.  I woke up around 6:00 a.m. and didn't feel too bad, but after being on my left side for a while, the pain was back big time.  I moved onto my back and decided to try and work through it.  I was able to relax it down to manageable, and it felt like sinuses drained a little too which seemed to help somehow.  It's throbbing a bit now, but I'm going to see what happens.

I started worrying about the ibuprofen because my ears are ringing (more than usual) and I have developed a stiff neck.  Yesterday I was dizzy and very tired.  It's a challenge to try to determine what portion of the symptoms are because of my life and what (if any) are because of the ibuprofen, so I decided it's easier to just stop the ibuprofen.  Of course that means dealing with the pain, but I think I can manage it now.

Yesterday I started moving things into my mother's new apartment.  My sister and I put shelf paper in the kitchen and unloaded the boxes we had packed with kitchen stuff.  There was a lot of climbing and crawling and bending and stooping so that could explain the fatigue and the stiff neck.  Friday I moved several boxes of prior fiscal year stuff into the big vault for storage, and of course all of my storage spots are up high.  That didn't help my neck either.  Still....

Today is Halloween and we're going to visit grandkids later on.  I've got laundry to do, and I think keeping busy will help me feel better.  So I'd better get up and get moving because the washing machine just dinged.

No comments: