I'm recovered, relaxed, and refreshed after my babysitting gig from Wednesday through Sunday. I slept like the dead last night, and even grabbed a nap today. I also caught up R's bookwork, a contract job, laundry, and made some cookies and noodles. I traded one type of busy for another, but my normal type of busy doesn't usually involve running after kids or making dozens of trips up and down stairs in a day. I have evolved to prefer my normal type of busy, but it's good to know I can manage either way.
I wish I had the foresight to schedule a haircut for today, but I didn't. I don't think my hairdresser works Mondays anyway, so I think that's why I didn't worry too much about it. I'm weeks past needing a haircut, and it looks now like I'm growing it out. It's a messy grow out though, and I've been hacking at it a little trying to even it up. I honestly have had no time to get a haircut and it doesn't look to improve any time soon. Oh well.
I've made up the menu for the soups and sides I'm making for the family this Saturday (note the noodles above). R is at the store now getting what I'll need. The day will start with fresh cinnamon rolls and I'll make three types of soup and finish off with a pound cake. My family will be moving my Mom into a retirement apartment and I'll be cooking and hosting a meal afterward. Beats lifting boxes any day. I figure there could be anywhere from 17 to 22 people but it's hard to say. Can't wait to enjoy the leftovers (if there are any)!
Guess that's it. I'm just going to focus now on crocheting a few rows since I all but abandoned my project while I was babysitting. One more thing....if you haven't tried Cold Stone Creamery's dark chocolate hot cocoa mix, you should. It's awesome!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Refreshed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment