Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slept

Friday night, after the busy Thanksgiving and then Black Friday shopping was over, I dragged myself up to bed at 8:00 p.m.  I fell asleep and didn't get up until nearly 7:00 on Saturday, not even to pee.  I was exhausted and apparently needed 11 hours of sleep to catch up.  I felt pretty good yesterday but made myself stay up until after 10:00 so I didn't repeat the previous night.  This morning I woke up at 6:00 which is still a respectable night's sleep.  I think I'm back on track now.

We did some more shopping yesterday and got lots done.  I'm not typically an early shopper, so it feels a little weird.  I guess this must be what it feels like to be ahead of the game, huh?  I did have to stop R from buying more stuff for grandsons last night which would throw off the balance of gifts for the granddaughters.  That is the downside to early shopping completion....

I would never object to him purchasing more stuff for me.  I'll have to suggest that the next time he gets the urge to purchase.

We have some seriously awesome leftovers at our house right now.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry and pumpkin breads, sweet potatoes au gratin, and pecan pie.  Yesterday I made turkey noodle soup with the broth made from the carcass.  It was delish and there is more for later.  I dumped the remaining  gravy into it at the last minute to give the broth some body and it was perfect. I toyed with stirring in some mashed potatoes too, but the gravy was enough.

R is busy removing all of the lights from our pre-lit artificial tree.  We had two sections go out last year and we were SO pissed!  The tree is only a couple of years old (I believe this is year three) so Martha Stewart and I will have words if I ever run into her.  We could not find the problems in the failed sections so decided to remove and restring.  We bought LED lights and we'll just string like normal.  If we find ourselves with tons of time and nothing to do (HA!!!) we can permanently string them at some point.  He's saving the clips.

He was sitting on a little needlepoint stool that I got from my aunt while he worked.  I was making soup and heard a crash.  When I checked he was flat on the floor and the stool was sitting on three legs.  The fourth leg was off to the side.  I bought some wood glue and repaired it this morning.  I'm also in the process of repairing a couple of loose backs on the chairs I got from my Mom's house.






Isn't it pretty? 

I'd better get dressed and quick goofing the day away.  R is working and isn't even complaining that I'm goofing off, and if I was a better person I'd feel pretty guilty about that.  I do have lots of laundry to do so I'm heading that way.  Ta!

No comments: