Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting over myself

Okay, so I didn't die.  Heaven help me if I ever get anything more serious than a colonoscopy prep gone awry.  I have to prep again tomorrow for the other test, but my doc assures me it will be a piece of cake compared to the first one (except for the not eating part).

She also told me I could have taken my migraine medicine, even during the clear liquids, no meds part of the prep (good to know) and she could have given me something for the nausea (ditto).  I promised her I would text her if I needed to.

Enough.  I'll just be glad when my colon recovers and I'm back to normal.

I've been cleaning house today, enjoying the company of my grandson, and getting ready for hosting bunco at my house on Wednesday.  I restricted the blind, deaf pug to the kitchen because he a) gets in the way when I'm cleaning and b) gets everything dirty within minutes.  I felt bad, but after scrubbing his face prints off of all the walls for the second time in a week, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's like having a toddler with sticky, chocolate fingers running around.  He's asleep on R's lap right now.  I wish I could get him to sleep during the day but if he knows we're home he spends his time searching for us.....and running into walls.

I had a couple of old watercolors re-matted and they were delivered by our friend the frame shop/gallery owner today.  They turned out AWESOME.  The paintings belonged to a friend of the family and I really liked them but I hated the old mats.  They were a dark purple.  Yeah, I know.  Now the mats work with the paintings and also work with the oil painting I paired with them.  A complete improvement.

Getting into the Elite Eight and the whole basketball thing.  R and I made our annual bets on each round, and I have been kicking his butt.  He is already mathematically eliminated from winning the overall title.  I should have poured some of my good pick energy into lottery numbers or something a little more lucrative than $1.00 per round and $5.00 for the overall.

State refund showed up in the mail today.  Sweet. 

No comments: