We had the sale yesterday of my Mom's stuff that didn't go with her or to family. It was a huge success and a lot of work. It's times like these that having a large family pays off. There were six of us siblings and a couple of in-laws to help with the sale. I worked most of the day in the house cleaning, getting it ready to show. It went on the market on Saturday. Huge headway.
I was a cleaning machine with my usual systematic way of doing things. I finished the formal living room, dining room, and three bedrooms. Today I cleaned the two bathrooms, family room, and kitchen. The master bath was my biggest challenge because the shower was really hard to get clean and rinse. I'm sure I overused the spray-on product and even though I had the vent fan going, I was not feeling well by the end of it. The second bathroom was much quicker because it had a hand-held shower sprayer that I could remove and use to rinse. I made a mental note to never put in a walk-in shower without a hand-held sprayer.
So after two days of cleaning, shifting, lifting, moving, adding, and working, I'm exhausted and sore. I don't know if I hurt my back, but I've got pain that goes through from my gut to my back, and every inch of my legs hurts. I also have a belly ache that I told R feels like I strained a muscle in my colon (is that even possible?) It hurts to walk and for a while it hurt to sit and breathe. I worried that the fumes were making me sick so I spent about ten minutes at home taking long, deep breaths and blowing them out, trying to re-oxygenate. I felt a little better after that so I don't think it hurt.
I still have some contract bookwork to do but I worked for about an hour this afternoon and I had to quit, too tired and really hungry since I wasn't up to eating lunch. I have a little homework to do for my leadership course, but it's nothing hard. My gut still hurts but not like it did. I ate supper and drank some milk tonight. As long as I don't move, it's not bad.
But even with the pain and discomfort, I am really pleased at our accomplishments this weekend. I think we did a good job. I'd pat my own back but my arm hurts too much!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Headway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment