We had our kids and their families in on Sunday for an early Thanksgiving. It was wonderful and the food was delish. I had a great time but was pretty bushed after they left. We'll host R's family on Friday for a soup dinner, so the prep won't be so hard. After we set the day to get together, I checked the calendar and discovered it is the same day as our 34th anniversary. That's what I get for getting married around a holiday!
I did schedule an extra day off this week (which I am enjoying right now) and am doing a little vegging out. I've been catching up on a few errands and cleaning and am laundering all of the bedding in the guest room--comforter, shams and all. Don't know why, just am.
We'll be at my brother's house on Saturday to have my family's Thanksgiving. I need to make cinnamon rolls for that. Honestly, is there a better week for food?
We will quietly celebrate our anniversary sometime soon. We are calling the concert we went to a few weeks ago our "anniversary gift" to one another. Since I rarely give R anniversary gifts, I'm ahead of the game. At any rate, it is just crazy to think that we've been married for 34 years. Add another three onto that and that is how long we've been together. Good grief that's a long time!
I always say I could never marry anyone else because I just got this one broken in. The real truth is there is no one else who would put up with me. We've evolved into a pair of puzzle pieces that fit together very well. I have my strengths and he has his and the good news is that between us we've got most things covered. Lucky me. Happy us.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Happy us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment