We went to an awesome Greg Brown and Iris DeMent concert this week and had a good time. Greg Brown's voice has become so deep it's sub-seismic, and his songs are poetry set to music. Iris is funny and plain-spoken and her current version of "Our Town" is the best I've heard. I wish we were cool enough to be their friends and hang out with them. Of course, as you already know, we are not.
I made some biscotti today that is chock-full of almonds (4 cups). It has a hint of anise and a bit of amaretto in it. Oh....my....god. My new favorite treat. I plan on making some hot chocolate later just to have some hot liquid to dip one into.
We made up our T-giving menu yesterday and R shopped today while I was busy flour-dusting the kitchen while making the biscotti. The mess I made was ridiculous, but I swept it up. You're welcome.
I'm still doing laundry so we can start the week in clean clothes. I also have to make up our bed. I swept and dusted (most of) the house this weekend which in its own sad way makes me feel happy. R worked in the yard and cut back our peonies. We cleaned up our little patio and gated it off for the blind pug. His world is growing smaller by the day I'm afraid. I'm worried about him this winter. We started gating him in a small space at the end of our kitchen which confines his mess to an area that is easier to clean. Unfortunately, his care has become mostly about managing the messes. Makes me sad.
Guess that's about it. Work is going better and I think I'll be done with the training by the end of this month. The upside is I have a new appreciation for what I do and am looking forward to getting back to doing it. Now I need to finish laundry so I can call it a weekend and gear up for the new week. Ta!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment