Saturday, January 28, 2012

While the nails dry....

I'm meeting a couple of friends later for breakfast, but their breakfast hour is closer to my lunch so I already ate.  I also did my nails but figured I could type while the polish hardens.  I need a shower and time to get my hair fixed, but I can still manage that because I am the only early riser in the group.

I evolved into being an early riser, although I was never one of those people who could sleep until noon.  I found as time went on that my best energy is in the morning and I'm less likely to be interrupted when reading the paper or doing book work.  I have also evolved into being an early-to-bedder, where I'm more likely to be interrupted from my beneath my cozy covers by someone calling to visit at the ungodly hour of 9:30.  "Did I wake you?" I am often asked.  "No," I often lie because the truth is too ridiculous.

I need to get something going exercise-wise in the evenings after work.  I am so busy at work that I can go for a couple of hours without leaving my desk, and on more than one occasion I haven't moved until I notice it's time to go to lunch.  When I drag myself home after work, it's all I can do to make it to the couch for the rest of the night.  I'm sure a little forced activity would be good for me in so many ways, but it's hard when I'm exhausted.  I should put R in charge of taking care of that because clearly my own spirit is weak.  The flesh is too.

Looks like I need to hit the shower so I can be ready to go IN ANOTHER HOUR AND A HALF!  Good lord, how do people waste so much of a morning waiting to eat?  I'd have passed out by now.  I need to make myself another pot of tea and maybe enjoy a biscotti.  Ta!

No comments: