I just finished making a batch of biscotti and am nearly done with a batch of English muffins. I've planted pansies in three pots out front and the flower beds in front have been tidied and mulched. Our wood floors are cleaned and I hit the traffic patterns on the carpet with some carpet powder. Yes, it's that time again -- I'm hosting bunco this week!
I always enjoy a good reason to clean, and hosting 11 women at my house is as good as a reason as any. Plus it's Spring, the weather is glorious, and bringing outside air into the house is the one of the best ways to welcome the season. I only have to work Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off the rest of the week. I hope to do some more gardening and enjoy a brief life of leisure.
I'm making Italian grilled chicken kabobs for Wednesday night's dinner, and am also making some chai spiced sugar cookies to go with the biscotti. If I can find fresh basil, I have a good salad lined up but if not I'll switch it out with spinach or something. I'm also making some no-bakes but I'm going to shape them into little nests and stick a couple tiny Cadbury eggs in each one. Pinterest makes me seem creative and resourceful, doesn't it?
We hung our canary's cage outside this afternoon and he enjoyed it. Because the trees aren't fully leafed out, I ended up covering his cage a part way so he had some shade. I have no idea why he has feathers remaining on his body, given the amount that we sweep up, but he does and he looks good. I didn't hear any singing today and haven't heard him sing in a while but canaries don't always sing when they molt. The other day I had his cage on the counter because I was in the process of cleaning it. While I was in the other room I inadvertently let the cat up from the basement and later found her perched next to the birdcage, causing a flapping panic inside. It ended up okay though -- I think the cat was just curious not malicious. When we hung the bird outside I worried if the cat would get too close, but the truth is our cat is on the lazy side and wouldn't work that hard for a bird. I'm not sure she'd cross the yard to pick up a wounded hatchling.
I have a load to move to the dryer and some cookies to bag and freeze, so I'd best go. I'd love to have my three-day weekends back, but until then I just need to suck it up and accept that my weekends are busy. At least this one included some fresh air!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment