Thursday, March 29, 2012

Play date

Today was a play date with myself, and it was fun.  I didn't see anyone or make any plans and I puttered around, tackling odds and ends.  I tidied up our shed which is always a mess after we stuff it full when the cold weather arrives.  I bought a few plants and potted them up, mindful of the fact that they can easily be moved to a protected spot if the weather turns cold.  I shopped a little, went to a garage sale, and read the paper in its entirety.  I took a walk, stopping at a friend's gallery to see the show he opened several weeks ago before he takes it down.  I even lubricated a hasp on our shed door that has been bugging me for months because it was so hard to turn.  I told R he needs to win the lottery so I can quit work and manage these little details full time.

The weather was glorious again, and our yard is greening up.  We have some bare spots, but it is far and away better than I thought it would be after the horrendous summer and dry winter.  Just being outside has been so therapeutic for me, but seeing my yard bounce back after a very ugly year is helpful too.  The hail we had last May kicked the crap out of everything and it remained bruised and torn up the rest of the year, until the leaves died back.  Thank god for changing seasons, eh?

Tonight we took a little walk and enjoyed the fresh air.  I'm loving Spring and the pre-bug outdoors.  Plus my beloved lilacs are blooming which is my favorite annual moment.  Love, love, love Spring!!!

No comments: