I'm going to rename my blog "The Tooth Chronicles" because it seems I have more than my share of issues with my teeth. I'm sure that my issues are self-inflicted due to my love of sweets, but I think it's also probably partly due to my age and having the cuspids just wear down. I don't think I grind my teeth but I do wake up in the night on occasion with them clenched so perhaps I hurt them that way.
At any rate, I bit down on a popcorn kernel last Thursday and broke a corner off of a rear molar. The molar had a large filling in it that didn't move, and I didn't have any pain. My dentist (should be on speed dial) is closed on Friday but they scheduled me on Monday morning, evaluated, then built and installed a crown. I'm hoping eventually to have all of my questionable teeth capped/crowned so I don't have to do this on an emergency basis.
The crown looks good but the bill will suck.
I can't give up popcorn, but I thought perhaps I should eat it a little more daintily. I have a tendency to choke down handfuls because when I grew up you had to eat it fast in order to get your fair share (picture 8 kids eating popcorn out of a turkey roaster). It's a habit I've never overcome. If I would just slow down (no one is going to steal it after all) I could eat a piece or two at a time and would be less likely to bite on a stray kernel. Gad, it's a wonder I haven't choked by now.
But old habits die hard and old teeth crack and break. And old ladies blog about it.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Tooth decay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment