I know what it means to be overwhelmed, and I know what it means to be underwhelmed. Is there a word for average whelm? I think I might be whelmed.
Truth is, it's more about equilibrium than any lack of highs or lows. Work is relatively quiet for the time being, although it did pick up today when Fall charges went on. Personal life is crazy busy, lots of it good, lots of it causing me some concern. I found out this week a niece and a great niece are both expecting unexpectedly. I'm sure it will all be okay in the end, but the families are a little stressed. I also found out that one of the families affected is experiencing a serious diagnosis of cancer at the same time, and that can only add to their stress and uncertainty in ways I can't comprehend. Then the heat has been relentless and people all around are just getting crabbier and crabbier. Our front yard is deader than a doornail, burned to a spiky brown crisp. Our back yard (that we reseeded this year) is hanging on by a thread, but I did figure out what I want to do with the front yard and sidewalk and I'm excited about making a couple of changes.
Equilibrium.
I have bunco tonight and will be wearing my new, good luck, bunco bracelet. I found it in a cool shop, and it's made up of gray marbled dice strung with silver beads as separators. I fully expect to win and win big. The down side is we're going to a player's house who is gluten-intolerant and, bless her heart, her food sucks! I'm not complaining about the gluten-free aspect of her cooking, it just tastes bad. Last time I wanted to spit the fish and pasta concoction into a napkin but couldn't figure out how to do that and not be spotted. I think it was tuna, but it must have been tuna raised gluten free or something. Maybe the tuna had celiac disease too.
And this is why I deserve to win:
1. Lucky bracelet
2. Selfless eating of awful food (without complaining or embarrassing the hostess)
3. Because I lose a lot
I should be beatified.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Whelmed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment