I'm still dealing with a sore foot although I've moved out of the boot and into a Teva hiking sandal and ankle wrap. Necessity is the mother of invention after all and the boot was clunky and heavy. I'm also still dealing with sore ribs although the pain is less than the first few days. I discovered a sports bra helps support the ribs so I've been wearing one every day. Ordered a second.
We're leaving on our inaugural retirement trip in a week and our son is still bedding down on the sofa bed in our living room, recovering from his shattered leg. Our daughter will come stay with him while we are gone and will drive him to rehab, do laundry, etc. Without her help, we would have canceled the trip.
I'm only slightly questioning the wisdom of traveling when my foot and ribs are sore, but they are better than they were so I'm hopeful.
I couldn't sleep so finally got up and went to my office to watch TV and type. Normally I'd go downstairs and curl up with my iPad but I don't want to disturb my son. I am also longing for a hot bath but his bath chair is occupying our only bathroom with a tub (mine) so I have to soothe my aches and stress in other ways. I'll let you know when I figure out another way.
I'm going in for blood work this morning so I'll be fasting until that's done. I already have a headache which is typical when I'm hungry, tired, or whatever. I may have R get me a McBreakfast afterwards. Last night, we had lasagna that a dear friend brought over. We devoured our servings as if we hadn't eaten in days. It was so darn good! I haven't made lasagna in ages and am convinced that now I need to put it back in the rotation. It's just that it makes so much -- I need to remember to freeze portions.
Okay, this is blathering. I still have an hour to go before I can go downstairs so I think I'll find something fun on YouTubeTV and just chill for a bit. Enjoying my water.
No comments:
Post a Comment