Okay, R's last day was last Thursday and he had a great day. He came home with a huge smile and stories about how wonderful it was to celebrate with everyone. He has not worked on Friday for the last month so he said he wouldn't really feel retired until Sunday when he usually was thinking about going back into work.
So Saturday....
Saturday we had dominoes at a friend's house and had a great time. As we were leaving, I stepped on a stick and "log-rolled" into a spectacularly ungraceful, slow-motion, face forward fall in a parking lot. I landed on my knees (bruised), hands (scraped), and backpack purse that had spun around to my chest. Whatever was in there felt like a softball-sized rock and my left ribcage hit it HARD. Thankfully I did not hit my head or face. I had to be helped up and then discovered my left foot hurt and couldn't bear much weight. I managed to get in the car and figured out how much I really hurt!
Sunday, it was worse so I had R take me to Express Care in the afternoon. X-rays showed the ribs were okay but the muscles were very sore. Muscle relaxer was prescribed. The foot had a suspicious area that could be broken and lined up with the pain on the top of my foot. A boot was prescribed, along with elevation and ice. And ibuprophen.
So Sunday....
Sunday R was looking forward to not thinking about working on Monday, but instead he has to think about taking me to get a boot and taking our son to rehab. And he has to put up the portable ramp. And he has to handle the cooking and cleaning and laundry for two boot-wearing convalescents. And he goes and handles it all with gracious kindness. I can't say for certain I would have been as generous but am grateful he is.
That's it. That's enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment