This is R's last week of employment. He is working through Thursday and will then retire. He began working when he was 12 years old, and he turns 68 on Thursday so he's been working for 56 years. Dang!
He secured permission to bring in pizza and chips for lunch on Thursday for a good number of his fellow employees. He thinks there may be around 60 who will partake. He's very excited about sharing a meal as part of his sendoff (the company does not do retirement receptions) and I'm so happy he gets to do this. No one deserves it more.
Our son is still in our living room, using a wheelchair to get around, sleeping on a pull-out sofa. He's fixing his own breakfast and lunch but dinner is shared with R and I so I take care of that. He's so sweet and grateful. It really does make it easier to have these changes to our daily routines when he is thankful and asks how he can help. He definitely does not take us for granted.
He has a follow up appointment with the surgeon next week and we are hoping he can begin to put weight on the injured leg. That will be huge if he gets to stand up! His doctor sent FMLA paperwork to his employer and said he may not be able to return to work until mid-September which means another month or so. It is likely some of that will be rehabbing the injured leg. The ankle still swells if he doesn't put it up or ice it periodically, but he doesn't have much pain. The incision looks really good and is healing well.
I have hummingbird feeders to clean and refill, and a birdbath that needs a good scrubbing. I'll tackle that before cleaning up and meeting my brother for lunch. A nice, slow day!
No comments:
Post a Comment