My body decided to act like it's 50 the past couple of days. It's not really 50 until Friday, but I'm sure it got confused with the party and all (senility happens). Yesterday I developed a mini-migraine and felt nauseated and crappy. I had to take it easy all day and even after the headache went away, I had a dull ache in my head. Today I had the day off and was still a little nauseated and had a wonderful, burning ache from my left hip all the way down to the ball of my left foot.
I know you're thinking hangover with the migraine but I only had one very small glass of wine. I didn't eat that much that would affect my stomach, and nothing was so unusual or exotic to bring on any symptoms. The ache today in my leg was from nowhere and ibuprophen wouldn't touch it which is unusual. Is 50 the cut off for having pain alleviated with analgesics?
I did have a nice salad for supper tonight with enough left over to enjoy at lunch tomorrow. That always makes me feel on track. But I just learned this week that my favorite McD salad, the Southwest Chicken, has been discontinued in our area! WHAT?? I absolutely loved that salad and ate it at least once a week, usually feeling very virtuous. It was tasty, spicy, and when I got the grilled chicken, I felt it was pretty good for me too. I'm still not over that they discontinued the chicken fajita a few years back. I loved those!
Oh well, back to the 50-year old pain. I haven't run since last Friday so I'd better get back on that track too. It rained a lot last night so I didn't want to get up early to run this morning although I did walk. It was a little slick so I'm glad I didn't run. I did get a couple of mums potted today along with a pretty little aster. I also got a couple of mosquito bites for my efforts, even though I covered up pretty well. I'm just a magnet. How I don't have West Nile virus we'll never know. Maybe I do...
I've got a few more thank yous to write, so I'd better get to it. Lots of great thoughts and thoughtful gifts from friends and family. Blessings abound.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Ageism, body-wise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment