The big bash R threw for me for my big b-day was today. It was an open house and I just had a ball. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and it wouldn't be for lack of effort on R's part, that's for sure. He did everything and found people to help him so I wouldn't have to do anything.
We enjoyed the g-kids yesterday and today, and in spite of the youngest not feeling well with a bit of a fever, they were terrific. It was fun to have our guests see them and see why I enjoy them so. One look is all it takes. Yesterday J took me out shopping and we found a cute outfit to wear today. It really looked nice. This morning a couple of friends took me to get a manicure/pedicure and I fell in love with the process. I always thought my hands and feet were too ugly to improve with nail polish and a manicure, so I never gave them much thought. Wrong! They looked great and I made sure everyone who walked in the door today noticed them. And I can't stop looking at them.
I have been embarrassed by the attention for this birthday, but I really did have a great time. It was an absolutely grand day. And I felt so blessed.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Grand Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time! I don't like attention either, but sometimes it's nice to have a day just for you.
Post a Comment