I've had a great 50th birthday. Hope I have 50 more just as great because I'm enjoying this one so much. I've got a pan of bierocks in the oven for supper tonight (one of my all-time favorite meals) so even though I made my own dinner, it's going to be awesome.
I had breakfast and lunch out and have been snacking all day so I need to get back on track tomorrow. We'll pick up the g-kids early in the morning and we also have a family wedding to attend in the early afternoon so I probably won't run tomorrow. I did get up early and run this morning, very proud of myself for running my little distance on my 50th birthday. I couldn't do it on my 40th so I have reason to be proud.
R is home now and going to shower so we can eat our bierocks. I don't know what we'll do tonight, but maybe we'll go wander around the mall or something. I feel like walking a little (see snacking note above).
My mom brought me tapioca this afternoon. I love tapioca and never get it so it's a real treat. I'll enjoy it for dessert or later tonight.
My baby sis gave me some cute, warm woolen slippers for my b-day. She knows how I'm always cold so it's very appropriate. I'm wearing them now. Wish they were appropriate for tomorrow's wedding.
The two cutest little boys dropped by today to bring us the box of candy we bought for their school fundraiser. I fell in love with them when they sold it to me a few weeks ago and today they stopped by to deliver it and came inside to see the pugs. They love the pugs and of course the pugs didn't disappoint. They saw the cards and the banner and asked whose birthday it was and I told them it was mine. I also told them when they are selling tickets to the school carnival they need to come by again. I'm a sucker for adorable kids.
Speaking of adorable, my grandson broke his big toe. He's doing fine and all will be well, but the picture of him with his cast is too cute. He has a look on his face like, "Can you believe I did this?" He's two and a half.
Gotta go. I've got bierocks ready to come out of the oven! Happy day to me!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Big dang day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a great day, though I don't know what that dish is... ? Love your blog! I don't know if this is going to post since I seem to have a mental block about getting blogger comments to work.
You've got the comments down, it just took me a while to accept them since we were gone all day. Bierocks (I hope I've spelled it right) are a cooked hamburger, onion, cabbage center inside a bread casing. Then it's baked to a nice golden brown. The filling is cooked first and then I use frozen rolls for the bread. Dang they're good!
I can attest to the yumminess of the bierocks. Simple, but good. My husband and I like them with mustard on top.
Post a Comment