Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Electric lap blanket

We had an inch and a half of rain by the time it finished yesterday, the air cooled down considerably, and now I'm sitting under my electric lap blanket, enjoying the gentle, electrified warmth. And if you think I'm being wasteful with electricity, remember that I have not turned on my furnace yet. I may take a hot bath later though, which would probably be a wash natural-resource-wise.

I am wondering if I'm not communicating clearly. I've been corresponding by e-mail with my replacement at the old job to answer questions, etc., and while I think the words "Do not enter a G/L account when making the interest and IOLTA entries in the trust account" are clear, it was apparently interpreted to mean "Enter a G/L account when making the interest entry in the trust account, do not enter a G/L account when making the IOLTA entry, and do NOT enter a G/L account when making the interest entry in savings. Oh, and make the interest entry a deduction while you're at it."

Then I asked her to e-mail me copies of the trust account bank statement. She e-mailed me copies of the savings and operating accounts.

Sigh.

It does provide me with plenty to do at my new consultant rate, but I swear she has made entries and mistakes that are mind boggling. She is a college graduate, but I think her degree is in exercise or something like that. Something like exercise physiology? I guess if I was being tested on how to work out your glutes or whatever, I wouldn't have a clue. But that's why I didn't apply to be a trainer someplace.

I had lunch with the tech we used to call in at my old job. She was called in because a hard drive blew and she and I had lunch yesterday while she was in town. She filled me in on all of the latest poop in the office. She and I worked together on the computer system in the office, so we became friends along the way. It was good to see her and catch up a little.

My eyes are shot. I'm going to wrap it up.

No comments: