Thursday, October 16, 2008

Health

I had a health screening done at work today. It was free, and I'm all about that, so I went ahead and did it. If I had had health concerns or health issues, or if I knew I was going to be given a lecture about whatever, I wouldn't have done it. I'm all about positive reinforcement for things I already know I do well. Ha!

I will get some money put into my campus account just for having the screening done. It was worth it for that alone, so I can now use my ID card to get junk out of vending machines. But I have to make good choices there or I'll develop health issues as a result of my health screening incentive payment.

Everything was good and she told me to keep up the good work. I got a mental pat on the head with that bit of advice. So I went out and had McD's for lunch although I didn't supersize. I'm all about keeping up the good work you know.

I went to a funeral today. It was the mother of a good friend, and R and I went together. She died on my birthday, and it's been a busy week with everything else going on. Tonight R took me to dinner for my birthday because we haven't had a chance to do that until now. I ate some more fries.

I do believe it's time to get back on track.

The M&M eating pug in the house is doing fine. Not a bit of trouble from the incident on Sunday. In an uncanny coincidence I woke up yesterday morning feeling fine and enjoyed my usual breakfast. As I sat at the table reading the paper I realized I felt queasy and before I knew it I was running to the bathroom to throw up my breakfast. And then I felt fine. What was that? Was there peripheral puking going on? I had just enjoyed a handful of M&M's.....

I went on to work but didn't have any of the doughnuts brought in for Bosses' Day. That wasn't a big problem because I don't really like doughnuts except on rare occasions.

Resolution for the week: no more puking in this house.

Done and done.

No comments: