Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Friday before you know it

It was a good Friday, one of those "Is it Friday already?" days. The weeks move along at a good pace now, making working a 40-hour week a snap. I had some catching up to do on R's books, but got it done last night and then our household stuff done tonight after the g-kids went to bed.

I got paid on Tuesday which was my first full paycheck at my new job. It was automatically deposited into my bank account which has never been an option for me at any job I've ever had. In fact, for my last two positions I was the one preparing the payroll, writing the checks, and handing them out. Having it deposited into my account automatically is such a treat, you can't imagine.

The little ones are here tonight with another joining us tomorrow. Fun times. I am needing to carve out some time to clean house, but I guess that will turn up eventually. We're hosting a small dinner in about a week, so I have to get busy. It's a thank you dinner for our association's block captains, and it will be here....on my 51st birthday. I wouldn't have picked that date necessarily, but it was handed to us (R is on the board) so whatever. The 51st birthday pales in comparison to the 50th.

I told R last night that I didn't really feel old at 50 but I'm feeling it at 51. I then realized I've kept up a pace the past couple of months that I've never kept up before. Working full time, doing a lot of contract work, doing R's work, watching g-kids when we can, and still trying to maintain a house, a yard, and get some exercise. Of course I'm falling asleep by 9:00 each night, but I'm often getting up at 5:00 a.m. to finish up work.

And I rode my bike to work this afternoon. Kudos to me.

I made a raw apple cake this week and took it to the office. One of the staff has apple trees and she had brought in baskets of apples so I used some of those. The cake was awesome and everyone wanted the recipe.

Political comment: I was hoping Palin would fall flat on her crown during the debate but she didn't really. I still don't think she sounded intelligent and I still think she's an idiot, but she didn't stumble too much or get caught off guard with the hard questions like "Can you give me specific examples?" I really thought Biden had one of the toughest jobs because he had to reign in his natural abrasiveness or he would have looked like he was picking on her in a condescending way.

It's been a busy week and I'm all but asleep. I'll re-read this tomorrow to see if any of this makes sense.

No comments: