Feet up. Work (mostly) done. Hunger and thirst at bay. Time to finally relax.
Busy week and weekend as usual, but we got done what needed to get done. I finally figured out why I plant hens and chicks in most of my pots on my deck: because I can completely ignore them and they still thrive. It wasn't really a plan, but more of an evolution. Survival of the fittest. I managed to run the sweeper when R went to the store this evening so we aren't starting the week with a completely filthy house. Bird cage is cleaned. Laundry is done. Plus we have groceries. And I just finished making a half batch of bran muffins (half a batch due to a failure to make a complete grocery list). I just remembered I forgot to add the dried blueberries. Again.
Sitting down feels so good. If it was a little cooler and I was in a hot bath, it would be perfect, but this will do. I'm making time to give myself a quick manicure this evening because my coming busy week at work will require me to have nice short nails, and having them polished and shaped will make me feel better.
R had a great birthday when all of the kids, spouses, and grandkids made the trip in for dinner. We didn't really plan it, but they put it together and it was such fun. My mom came too and we went out for dinner so I didn't have to cook or clean up. Bonus.
I finished Michael Perry's book, "Coop" and really enjoyed it. He's interesting and a good writer. I wish I had his gift for vocabulary. It's not that he uses unusual words, but rather that he uses ordinary words and phrases in an unusually descriptive way. A very pleasant read.
That means I'll be taking "John Adams" with me to Florida. I think it will be a good vacation book, except that it's heavy. Glad I got the paperback version.
I have to admit, I went to Southwest Airlines' website to find out how to do everything. We have our ticketless confirmation, but we've only flown a handful of times (pre-internet reservations) so we didn't really know how to check in, get a boarding pass, etc. I think I've got it down. It's hell to be so stupid, but at least I know enough to educate myself.
I'm going to go do my nails. I've got a long week ahead and I'm anticipating the need for wine in the evenings. And maybe a hot bath. Ahhhhh....
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Ahhhhh.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Get rid of all the liquids in your carry-ons. No antibacterial soaps, lotions or anything. They're allowed but just an extra hassle. Do bring a swimming suit in your carry-on, though. That way, if your luggage is delayed, you have something to do at the condo, even though you don't have luggage (it happened in Mexico).
Post a Comment