We're in the throes of fall enrollment and are nearing the beginning of the fall term. I'm crazy busy at work, but am glad. I'm glad I've got a year under my belt so I know pretty much everything I need to know to do my job. I'm glad we're busy and have what looks to be a good enrollment. I'm not overjoyed that my work load doubled when we merged the local technical school into our system, but I'm working with some good people (and some annoying ones) on the merge so that's going okay.
I'm all but wrapped up at the old job. Only took a year. Told them about 10 months ago the first replacement wasn't going to work, and it only took them another 6 months to get rid of her. The second replacement is great but has put me out of a job. Thank goodness.
I'm watching J&K+8 now while waiting for R to catch a shower and do a couple of things before we head to Walgreens, and still find her annoying. They were discussing a kitchen remodel (I assume all of the drama and separation has already occurred) and when Jon brought up the possibility of an undercounter refrigerator, Kate pounced on it and basically called it stupid. Then the kitchen designers told her what the advantages would be and she acted like they had provided her the answer to the meaning of life. She probably doesn't see how rude she is to her soon to be ex, but she is beyond annoying. He's not my favorite person either (I believe he is setting a bad example for his children, especially the boys) but mostly I can't blame him for getting away from her. I gave up watching the show but I was surfing and it landed.
R has a birthday this week. He will be 51. Wish I could think of an amazing gift for him, but we've got a trip planned to Florida in early September so I think we'll just have fun spending money at that time. We plan to lay in the sun on the beach, eat, and shop. That's it. We'll be so mellow when we get home we may disappear into a puddle.
I wish I had something more interesting to write about, but I don't. I've been working, working, working either at work or at home. I'm having R do some of the basics of his own work because it helps me keep on track. I've basically been doing two jobs for a year now, and I'm getting a little burned out. Of course now that I'm down to one job, it happens to be my busiest time so I'm still not enjoying any down time. Won't all of this make Florida feel so good?
I was able to clean house on Sunday. It needed it and I was able to take my time and do a good job. R worked outside and I was inside for the most part. Then the dog thew up on the bathroom carpet to keep it real.
I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's about time.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Back in the saddle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment