My new washer and dryer were delivered today. They are right at my limit of complicatedness, but fortunately the controls are fairly user-friendly. Which is good because the instructions were written in a form of pseudo-English that only someone who is translating word for word from Japanese could concoct. These are a sample of what I am using for instructions with no grammar or capitalization corrections:
"The half of laundry (8 lbs.) water usage is about 18 liter."
"The water usage is about 50 liter until from washing to 2 rinsing."
"According laundry type, it is different the water usage."
"Rugs can bring unbalance and cannot be used. But when mixed well with other laundry, the weight center can be spread and can be used."
"When washing big bulky items that occur noise/vibration or damaged laundry."
I am a lousy consumer. I paid to have the set delivered and the washer installed and leveled. It is recommended for front loaders because they need to be really level and on a firm surface to operate properly. Tonight I discovered the delivery guys shimmed up one corner of the washer with a red building block from our grandkids' toy stash! I guess I should have been watching a bit more closely, huh? Then we discovered they did not set the locking nuts on the leveling legs which is a heavily covered step in the set up instructions. Hmm. I'll have R solve it later when I don't have so much laundry to get done and we'll install it properly. I'm thinking of taking a picture of it and bringing it to the store to see if they'll refund at least part of my delivery and "set up" charge.
Still, though, I am excited. I didn't know it when I bought it, but there is a drying screen I can put inside the dryer to lay flat, blocked items like sweaters. Then the dryer heat will speed drying but they won't tumble. The delivery guys brought it in separately and I had no idea what it was. I thought it was a wicked big lint screen but I couldn't figure out how it would work because the screen was too large with probably half-inch openings. I am such a dork.
I've got a load ready to check and another to go in. I'd better make hay before the newness wears off. And I've got some pictures to take.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Laundry day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment