We had a busy weekend and came home to tasks to be done, but I'm taking a moment to......waste time? Oh well. R is putting up Christmas lights outside and I'm trying to get out of any type of work by simply not doing any type of work.
We spent the weekend away and saw a wonderful little musical, a gift from my daughter and her husband. We stayed in a nice hotel and ate some good food. We shopped some, bought some, and walked a fair amount. We visited our son's family and had a good time with our youngest grandson who is hilarious.
Now we're home and there is a dirty house, shopping to be done, wrapping to be started, and very little food. There are certainly no Christmas cookies or treats. The house is tracked from wet boots, shoes, and paws from the recent snow, coupled with the sand or salt used outside for traction. I did put in a load of laundry and discovered our washer plays a little tune when it's finished. How crazy is that? I've got some dishes to wash and some bookwork to catch up and those silly photos are still in the dining room waiting to be put into albums. Maybe that's what I'll work on tonight. Then I won't be a total waste of oxygen.
I'm not really feeling as bad about being lazy as I sound. In fact, I'm enjoying the fact that I have some time to take it a little easy after a busy week and weekend. I get a little panicky when I realize next weekend is my last one to get things done before Christmas, but I've worked on shorter timelines. I usually just adjust my expectations to fit my accomplishments and then we're all good.
Work is gearing up now that charges for the spring term are on student accounts. I seem to have a handle on it and have made a good dent in what I have received so far. That will make it easier to rest when I'm on break between Christmas and New Year's.
Ahhh. Break. Life is (or soon will be) good.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Taking a moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment