I've been working on reconciling the same stupid account for what seems like two weeks. I've been off $200. I ran reports, recreated the account balance, and recalculated everything month by month. Today, at about 4:30, I found the problem. It was caused by a programming error as far as I can tell, because the student's account had deposits released twice when there was only one. Well I'll be danged.
Now I have a stiff neck and shoulder, but at least I can put the whole thing to rest. Tomorrow I'll create journal entries to fix it and the accounts will be clear. Anything that goes wrong from here on down I should be able to find and fix as it happens.
Normally I would not have the time to devote to such an extensive project, but I'm at a slow point at work and I have abandoned the tech school work that sits on a nearby desk. I still have stuff to do for them but I'm not enthused about spending any time doing it. So there.
We're on baby watch around here. I'm trying to keep my work around here caught up. I semi-packed a bag to take, then I took some of the clothes out of it to take on our weekend trip. That might have caused more problems than it solved because I have no idea what is packed and what isn't.
I'm shutting down for the night so I don't make my shoulder worse. Ta!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Accomplished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment