It's been quite the week. I'm walking around on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion because work is so busy and so intense. I'm in a physical knot and am weary but am hanging in. Tomorrow is another big day but I'm hoping I can manage as we start to turn the corner for what I need to accomplish.
I told a co-worker that our boss' picture is in the dictionary under the definition clueless. I told him today I want to take some comp time Friday afternoon and I saw him blanch. I'm not sure if it was because he hates for me to take time off or if he hates to have to run the processes and try and answer questions when I'm gone. Either way I just sat there expecting an answer. He finally hemmed and hawed and wanted to know if I thought I would be caught up enough to be away and I told him I was about as caught up as it was going to get. Hem. Haw. He expressed concern that I would be gone during a very busy time. Now I was only asking for an afternoon off, but whatever. I told him that it's been my experience that if I don't take my comp time when I put in the extra time that I never get it. He couldn't exactly argue with that. Then I tossed out that I wouldn't leave until 2:00. He reluctantly agreed.
It feels sometimes like I have to give and be available when it's inconvenient for me, that I'm the one everyone calls or seeks out with questions, but that when I ask for a little reciprocal consideration I am met with a blank stare. I honestly don't mind my work and I think I'm good at it, but I mind being taken advantage of.
Okay, change of topic. I was so tired today when I came home for lunch that I felt I needed a treat. I ate a boat load of dark chocolate M&M's. I must admit it seemed to help. I think that's a bad sign, don't you?
I'm thinking of getting a new phone in a couple of months with more bells and whistles. I've actually been researching phones which is out of character for me. I may find that the planning, plotting, and anticipation are more fun than changing.
I've got R's books to do tonight. I'm tired and I don't want to but what are you gonna do.
My grandson started kindergarten yesterday. Oh man. I get nostalgic just thinking about it. I also have to remind myself that his life just changed. He'll be spending a good part of his days now in school which is the first step out in his little life. It's a small step at this point, but it's a step.
Okay, the philosophy train is pulling away from the station. I need to step off.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Spent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A new phone really is as much fun as it seems.
Post a Comment