I'm on the back half of my steroid doses, and they are tapering off as steroids apparently need to do. I can't say I hated the energy they gave me. I was a whirling dervish of accomplishments the past week, and if I could bottle it I would. Then I'd call it steroids or something like that.
But, I DID hate what they appear to be doing to my body. I feel full somehow, or bloated, or something I can't put my finger on. My clothes are tight. I don't feel like I'm eating more, but my body seems to think I am. I wake up a couple of times a night to pee. My face is fuller (probably looks better actually) but my WAIST is RIDICULOUS. It looks like a spare tire settled in above my belt line, and that spare tire is choking me. R says he doesn't notice it but I can feel it. I've got less than a week left and the dose is diminishing so I hope things settle down soon.
They did help me though. I really am better than I was, and I'm convinced better than I would have been if I hadn't done anything. It's probably a good thing steroids have serious side effects or warnings or everyone would be taking them. I know I'd consider it.
Now I've got to get something else done. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Pumped me up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment