Monday, March 7, 2011

Sickly

Today was another sick day home from work.  If anyone at the office is doing the math, I was out Friday and Monday which means I was sick all weekend.  I would appreciate a measure of sympathy in any way, shape or form.

I dutifully avoided them all day so tonight I'm enjoying a little bowl of dark chocolate M&M's.  I have these tiny little prep bowls that make awesome M&M's receptacles.  I had chicken and black bean burritos left over from last week so that was supper.  With my cold (or whatever the heck it is -- flu? plague? lung-eating virus?) I couldn't really taste the burrito but the M&M's are getting through.  Note to self:  feed a cold DARK CHOCOLATE...and starve a fever.

I'm having trouble sleeping what with all of the coughing and hacking going on.  Today I thought I even felt a little earache but I don't feel it now.  I do believe I coughed up a piece of lung earlier today but I didn't send it to pathology or anything.  So let's just say I did.

I'm working on a couple of baby blankets.  It seems like there are a large number of acquaintances repopulating the planet, but that's how it usually is.  We come from large families and have a lot of good friends.  Thankfully, the babies are all a generation removed -- no one my age is being that crazy.


I think I forgot to mention that I got word from my doctor's office that it is official:  I am in menopause!  I tell you what, if I wasn't I would be worried.  Hot flashes are my biggest symptom but I can't say I hate them.  I enjoy finally being warm, if only for a minute at a time.  


I'm wearing out, so back to working on the baby blanket and dozing.  I'll let you know if I'm ever well again.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Don't spread your lung-eating virus on to the baby. Maybe you should wear a surgical mask or something.

Mary said...

I can't hear you for all the wheezing...