Thursday, March 31, 2011

Score one for me

I hosted bunco at my house last night.  I took off yesterday to get ready and made my awesome lasagna with home-made noodles.  It was a hit except for the one player who is on a gluten-free diet (I'm afraid I don't cook remotely gluten-free).  I also had just finished a fleece blanket with crocheted edging for a player's daughter who is due with a baby in April, and I whipped up a cute little fleece cap to match the blanket.  I was putting out a serious Martha Stewart vibe (without the perfection attitude).  The pregnant daughter was subbing for a missing player so the timing was good. 

I made some cookies that had FOUR kinds of chips in them.  They were ridiculous.  I served them with ice cream in an edible waffle bowl. Yum. 

And by the way, I didn't win anything.  But my house was clean and the food was good and the sangria went over well (for non-pregnant guests).  Why would anyone purchase ingredients for Sangria when you can just buy a bottle of Madria Sangria, pour it into a pitcher, and add some orange slices?  Instant party.

Back at work today.  I'll be so TGIF tomorrow.  Why would anyone want to work more than three days a week?

No comments: