Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That's a big negatory...

The word finally came down today about the other position, and as the title of this post reveals it was a big negatory.  Actually, I believe it was close and a really tough decision for them, but they went another way.

I am a little disappointed but also relieved.  At the moment they were getting ready to tell me their answer, I thought to myself, "I hope they say no."

Now that was a completely unconscious, subconscious thought, but I think it revealed a lot.  I was excited about the prospect but not really looking forward to the change and to the added stress.

So what did I do?  I went to the director in my office (my boss's boss) and told him I didn't get the position.  Then I told him we needed to visit about my compensation because we both knew I am undercompensated for the amount of work I do.  He smiled and nodded.  I told him I'd give him a few days to get his ducks in a row and then we could meet.

This girls's got some balls!

No comments: