Okay, I know that sounds bad, and on some levels (health-wise, for instance) it probably is, but hear me out. I'm busy and stressed and have a mental plate that is just too overcrowded. I'm working really hard to slog through my days without the satisfaction of completing a day's list of tasks, and frequently without having made any discernible headway. I have very few bright spots in my day, so I'm creating some by treating myself to tasty treats as needed.
Always a dark chocolate M&M fiend, I keep a ready supply on hand on my kitchen counter. I made my special Chex mix for the Super Bowl, and the leftovers are keeping me regular and smiling. R is doing his best to help and he is making popcorn for me tonight, paired with an icy glass of diet root beer. I was going to make my favorite almond biscotti last night but ran out of steam. Maybe next weekend.
Of course you know the downside, but I'm just going to have to handle the weight gain somehow. I did a little yoga the other day and I'm walking a bit more regularly, so maybe it won't be so bad in the long run, but it will still be a challenge. I'll be leaving for Fla. in less than a month (almost 3 weeks) so I guess I won't be the most svelte babe on the beach.
The upside is I'm getting through the stuff, I'm not losing my mind or my temper (mostly), and I'm hanging in there. I spent my first day in my new office today and I must say I really like the space. R and I moved me in yesterday and I hung a nice Mary Cassatt poster and placed some family photos. I also hung my degree and an accounting award from way back when because what else the heck do you do with those? My view overlooks the front lawn of the campus and faces north, and is just a tilt of the head to enjoy. Lovely.
Now where the heck is that popcorn?
Monday, February 4, 2013
Eating my way to good mental health...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment