Pandora, how do you know me? My kids told me to try the Pandora app on my iPad so I typed in Patty Griffin as an artist I like. I was pleased when one of her songs began to play, and then when the next genre artist came on I was pleased with the voice and style. And then again. And again.
And then artists I know, and music I already own began popping into the playlist. Huh? That's one of my favorites and no one knows this artist (at least no one I know because I'm a musical anomaly among my peers). Am I that predictable just by typing in a single artist of preference? Dang! That's crazy talk!
And if you think my iTunes account has been reviewed for preferences, think again. I don't have one and I've never downloaded music in my life. I buy my music the old fashioned way: at Best Buy or Barnes and Noble. I copy my legally purchased CD's only to keep in my car, and I have just one mix CD that I made myself because I found the whole process tedious and time consuming. But it is my favorite CD.
I've been enjoying my Patty Griffin "station" so much I haven't created another one, but I will. I'm not looking for quantity, but am tickled with the quality right now. I should totally create a station for R though, and would probably type in Deep Purple for starters.
Good Lord, how are we still married?
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Pandora's Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment