Spent today trying to get some things done but ended up with more loose ends. I'm trying to get ready to go on my little vacay, and I thought I'd wrap up taxes today. I finished up except for an IRA contribution for R, then found I didn't have a form to submit one. I checked online and couldn't find the form I needed, nor could I find an email address for our advisor. I ended up leaving a voicemail but was frustrated everything ground to a halt.
I started packing since I'm taking mostly summer clothes, but I still need to get some travel-sized toiletries. I caught up R's bookwork and paid our bills, but didn't touch my contract client's. I was hoping to save some time to go into the office but don't see how that's going to happen. Tomorrow I must get a pedicure or my toes will be unprepared for sandals and flip flops.
I'm trying to figure out how to pack for warm weather when I'm freezing in my house. I just don't trust it to be warm enough. Could Florida be lying to us? I could see that.
And now it's Sunday. I started this post on Saturday night and couldn't finish it. Maybe because I had nothing to say except blah, blah, blah. But it could be because I was not supposed to finish anything on Saturday. Today is my finishing day.
I did get a haircut yesterday. I took pictures along because I wanted a change and my stylist came pretty close to what I wanted, but I must say the final cut is ALWAYS shorter than any picture I bring in. I truly believe hairdressers are unable to leave a little length when cutting short hair. I don't know if they think I need to get my money's worth or if they think the cut I want will grow out too fast, but it's been a lifelong problem with stylists. I don't believe I have ever had a cut that was left too long, but probably 80% of my cuts have been shorter than I anticipated and 25% of those have been too darn short. There, I said it.
R sent me roses for Valentine's Day. I mentioned to him earlier he didn't need to do anything but he sent them anyway and the note said it was for V-Day and also a congratulations bouquet. That was nice.
I felt overwhelmed this past week, and am still trying to move forward and get through some things that are bugging me. I'm also trying to get ready to be gone. I hope I can get to a place where I can relax and enjoy my vacay.
I really need it.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Unfinished business
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment