Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One more window

Our new bathroom window was (mostly) installed last week and I am in love with it. The outside work is complete except for the finish painting that I have to do, but the inside still needs some tile work. It is acrylic block and we've tested the visibility a couple of times (I made R stand outside to see if he can tell what I'm doing). I think it does its job and is appropriately difficult to see through for an outside window inside a shower.

A lot of the rot on other windows has been fixed, and finding time to paint those has been a challenge. Last week I came home from work and decided I just had to get a coat of paint on the kitchen window. So I did. It needed another coat, which I was able to apply on Saturday afternoon. That needed to dry before we could put back the storm window that was removed to paint the first coat. We ate dinner last night and put the storm back on. We washed the windows while we were at it and it looked awesome. Only took a week.

And last night it rained on our clean window. I don't even care.

Only 23 more to go. I don't even want to calculate the time frame if we follow the same pattern. And we're not even talking about the siding that is also being painted. Gad.

No comments: