I really rocked and rolled today. Really. R and I got up and walked/ran together, despite the fact that the roads were still a little iffy in places. He pushed me way further than I would have gone on my own, and I will say that it was like running through wet concrete, wearing concrete shoes, and a concrete coat. But we slogged through and felt better for the effort.
The distance wasn't anything to write home about, but any distance is better than none at all.
Then, after breakfast, I got busy. I put pictures that were nearly a year old (but just developed yesterday) into photo albums, at least those I have albums for. I cleaned my bathroom and dusted our bedroom while R tackled the kitchen and his bathroom. Finally, I went to the basement, and worked on organizing and getting stuff together for a garage sale in June. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, who knows why. I don't know how many shelves we have down there, but they were all full. I wanted to clear off one of the shelving units for all garage sale stuff, and reorganize the rest. What I discovered is that I should stop giving R stuff to put away, because there was absolutely no rhyme or reason to where he puts things. I found cat food, cat litter, canned cat food, and more cat food, on four different shelves and three different shelving units. That just doesn't make sense to me.
So I ended up reorganizing probably 8 different shelving units (with probably 5 or 6 shelves each). That was kind of ridiculous because it was the first really nice day we've had in forever and I spent much of it in the basement. Oh well. I found lots of stuff to get rid of, lots of stuff to throw away, and put lots of thing where they belong and can be found more easily. And I found out we have an awful lot of Simpson memorabilia.
I swept up a ton of cat hair (mostly from just one of our two cats) so things are slightly cleaner down there. I located toys I'd forgotten about that we set aside for the grandkids to play with. I found the cutest little 3-section serving dish we bought in September 2006 to use at Thanksgiving, R's favorite holiday, and then promptly lost. This time I labeled the box and put it with the other holiday items. I found a box of items and framed photos from before we remodeled the kitchen and dining room in 2002. There were pictures of my kids I'd forgotten about, among other things. What kind of mother does that? I found a container full of the stuff R removed from his bathroom when it was remodeled last January. Most of it could be thrown out, but I now have enough rubbing alcohol and peroxide to last the rest of my life. I put all of my middle son's stuff on one shelving unit (he's the only one not permanently settled yet, so we still have lots of his things). I put all of the coolers, thermoses, water jugs, etc., on the same shelving unit. I disassembled and put away the pet crate we pull out only when my son's dog visits, getting it out of the middle of the floor where it had been for at least a year.
Makes me wish we were in the habit of hiding money in the basement. Dang!
I really deserve a medal. But I settled for a glass of wine.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I rock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment