Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snot fair

I could not
be more sick of....
snot

We are in day five of nose-blowing, Kleenex-using, ear-clogging, sleep-depriving, eye-burning, pathetic-behavior-inducing colds in our house. Well, I'm on day five, R is in his second day. Boo hoo for him. I can't function vertically or my nose begins to run, sinuses ache, and sneezing begins. It is better when I'm lying down (and presumably things are draining away from the sensitive areas at the front of my face), but then my throat closes, I cough, and my back begins to ache.

I've gone through boxes of Kleenex and I know there is still more work to do. My stupid black pug thinks used Kleenex are a particular delicacy so I have to deposit them in trash cans she can't get to or risk finding them in gross pieces all over the house. Our house is a cesspool of disgusting microbes.

The outside temperature is supposed to be well over 50 today, and I really want to open up the house and breathe fresh air. But that sounds like a lot of work and I'm sure it will trigger another deluge from my nose.

I have been doing really well with my liquids, keeping hot tea and water going down the pipes. I'm convinced, however, that the extra fluids are also keeping my sinuses in full production. And the forty-seven million trips to the bathroom aren't fun either.

My God I'm a baby! What would I do with something really serious? I'd probably set unprecedented levels of whining and complaining. We can all thank our lucky stars that this will be over soon and I'll return to my more normal complaint mode.

And if R knows what's good for him, he'll wrap it up too.

No comments: