You'd think I'd be done with this cold by now, but I guess they usually are three days coming, three days here, and three days going. And I've only had it a week now.
Problem is it's thickened and coagulated and turned into rubber cement in my throat. Guess that's why they call it mucilage. It's causing me to snort and hack and gag and try to get it up, down, or out. Lovely. I could easily pass for an 80-something man waiting on a corner for the bus. I already sound like one.
I still don't want to cook or do much. So R is cooking my beloved scramblies and hash browns tonight. It will be my final meal if I am ever executed or awaiting surgery that has a 90% fatality rate. He is still a bit stuffy but looks better. We're both mending slowly.
For the record, wine doesn't help. But it doesn't hurt.
In spite of it all, I've been super-productive at work. I know what you're thinking -- I deserve a medal. I really do.
I should work in my office upstairs tonight but still not in the mood. Plus my neck and shoulder are tight, probably from poor posture while being super-productive at work. I really pay for it when I type while leaning on one hip with one leg tucked under the other at the thigh.
I think it's time to quit being achy and sick and whatnot and just get well and feel young. Maybe the scramblies and hash browns will take care of things. But just in case I'll finish up my wine. Don't want to take any chances.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Still snotty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment