It's time to elevate my feet, enjoy a little chocolate, and wind down for the evening. I took an early bath in a delicious mix my daughter gave me that involved chocolate and powdered milk. The water was silky and my skin feels good. Now I need a little chocolate on the inside too.
We had the little ones here last night and they were great. Then today my son, his wife and his littlest one came in so the cousins all got to see one another. The word rollicking comes to mind. Is it silly that my heart hurts sometimes I love them so much?
Tomorrow I need to clean house and maybe do a little bookwork in my office. Nothing much and nothing that will carve a chunk out of my day. The weather is so pretty that cleaning house with the doors and windows open will be a pleasure. I really need to have my carpeting cleaned, but will wait a couple of months until I begin to feel the effects of a better paycheck before I do that. I think I'll have my carpet cleaner do my living room furniture again too. I love my sofa and matching chair and ottoman, but off-white chenille is tough to maintain more than a few years. It wouldn't work at all except that it's in the living room and not the TV room where we spend the bulk of our sit-down time. That sofa is dark olive (or at least it is now).
My goal tonight is to stay up late enough to catch the SNL opening. If I don't make it, NBC.com has been very accommodating. The internet is made for aging boomers with sleep issues, isn't it?
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Elevate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"For all you Joe six-packs playing a drinking game tonight, Maverick!"
Post a Comment