It's not long now. We'll get this election business wrapped up in the next few days, barring problems with vote counting.
I've got butterflies in my stomach, and I can't figure out if I'm worried that Obama won't be elected and what that will mean for the country or if I'm worried that he will be elected and what that will bring in dealing with his detractors. Since I really suck at discussing politics in a civil tone, my new plan is to just be quiet about it. If pressed, I'll admit that I'm not good at political discussions and we'll just have to move on.
Having an extra hour last night was awesome. The g-kids were here and they slept later than I thought they would, letting me sleep later than I have in a long time. Then they woke up so darn cute and happy that my heart just hurt. We got to see g-kids and kids on Halloween at my daughter's house and that was terrific. We hadn't seen any of them in costume or trick-or-treating before because of work nights and distance, so having it fall on a Friday was a gift.
Today we're heading to the lake with the kids so we can wander around among the flowers and probably play on some equipment. There will also be ducks and geese to feed. I've got a hankerin' for grease and salt, so there will be a McLunch too. The weather today is still warm and the trees are turned but still holding their leaves so it will be a perfect time to go.
A perfect distraction from the national events, don't you think?
Sunday, November 2, 2008
And counting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment