The best description I heard of yesterday's events was that it was as if a page had turned and the world was different. We were watching the news and with the history of the past few elections in mind, we were not going to get our hopes up until it was final. At the exact second the polls closed across the country, it was proclaimed to be over and we sat there in disbelief. It was a singular moment that I hope I always remember.
Then we watched the extraordinarily gracious concession speech by Sen. McCain which I believe showed his true self more than the past several months of campaigning ever did. I got the feeling that he will work with the new president and help Congress get on board to solve problems. I sure hope so.
Finally, we stayed up well past my normal bedtime to watch President-elect Obama's victory speech. Chills. Goosebumps. Awesome. Contributing to that in no small measure was the amazing crowd gathered to see him speak, and the amazing crowds across the country gathering to celebrate. I felt as if I was in a different world. As if a page had turned.
It's been a long time coming. Now let's get down to business.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Awesome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment