Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not bad

We have an obsession in this house with the movie "The Big Lebowski" and we watched it a couple of weeks ago. I've been wanting a White Russian ever since so today R brought me some Kahlua brand White Russians in single serving size (a 4-pack). How freakin' convenient is that? I'm enjoying one now. I tried to check the calorie content but fortunately it only advised me not to operate a motor vehicle or be pregnant while drinking. I can abide.

Sad news. Our beloved electric blanket bit it. I went out today to get a second blanket for our bed so I wouldn't have to rely on electricity to keep warm. I found a good blanket and it's washed and in the dryer (I have this thing...). Good news is that I looked at our exact electric blanket at BB&B and saw that it has a FIVE-year warranty, not the two-year that I thought. I'm going to send it back again (this is its second trip back to the manufacturer) because it was a very expensive blanket and we may want to use it sometime down the road.

Par for the course department number one: we stopped at W-Mart and I found a cute little Big Ben travel clock. I'd been looking for one for my guest room and this one fit the bill. However when I got it home I discovered that the instructions and the model number on the clock do not match the clock's features. It is supposed to have a snooze alarm (doesn't), lighted dial (doesn't), and handy case (does). It was sealed in plastic, so it makes no sense. Plus it won't lock when closed. I swear if there is a lemon on the shelf, I'll find it.

Par for the course department number two: I went to Walgreens trying to find a Maybelline eye brow pencil to replace mine that is nearly gone. Apparently Maybelline no longer carries the color I need. I tried to make do with what I thought would be the next best color, but I look like Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard when I use it. It's WAY too harsh.

At least the White Russian ain't bad.

No comments: