Saturday, March 7, 2009

I hate losing....

....that hour. I know that's whiny and I really do appreciate the daylight but it ALWAYS falls on a busy weekend for me. When I was in school for lo those many years it never failed that I would lose an hour on a weekend when I had to write a paper, study for a test, and accomplish some important task with the kids.

Wait. Maybe I just always have busy weekends? Maybe that's it.

I have still not fully adjusted to my five-day work week. I must say life was less hectic when I only worked four days a week because I could complete my extracurricular work in my home office on Fridays so R and I could work around the house together on the weekends. I can't remember the last time I helped clean house or work in the yard. I'm grateful for his contribution but I would really like to be helping. It took a while but I finally came up with a plan to work on Wednesday nights up in my office so I didn't have quite so much to accomplish on Friday night or Saturday morning. It worked fairly well for the one week that I did it. Since then I've had things come up that kept me out of my office. This week I planned on working Thursday instead. Then I had an e-mail from the old office that kept me busy for over an hour which left too little time to head upstairs to work.

I agreed to prepare a tax return (not something I usually do) for the son of one of my clients. Since I have the software, I really don't mind as long as I have everything I need. He dropped the stuff off today and he seems a like a nice guy.

Okay, my eyes are feeling dry, my most annoying floatie is smack dab in the center of my field of vision, and my lids are slamming shut. Hour schmour. I'm going to bed.

No comments: