Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Poor memory

The friend I walk with in the mornings said something incredibly quotable today and I can't remember what it was. Dang. Stupid short term memory.

Went shopping tonight and picked up a few bargains. Found two comfy cardigans (not fashionable but cozy) for $3.97 each. Then found awesome pair of charcoal gray dress slacks for $14.99. Then found a cute Liz C. sweater with an argyle design for a whopping $3.97. But wait -- I had a $10 off coupon so I got the whole batch for about $17.00 plus tax. Then went to another store and got a simple off-white tank for 20% off but still paid about $16. For one tank. I know it's not bad but it felt expensive after I got four pieces for about the same price.

Tomorrow I have to go to work early and have breakfast with the president of the university. Not just me (don't be impressed) but it will be my first meeting with him. That's one reason I went shopping because I felt my closet was looking a tad weak. There is a good argument for looking your best when meeting with the ultimate boss, but there is also a good argument for looking as if you could use a little extra cash. Except that argument falls apart when there is a budget crisis and hiring freeze.

I'm having waistline issues. Mine is thick anyway but it feels thicker than normal. Logic would tell me to blame the dark chocolate peanut M&M's in spring colors or the package of Whoppers Easter Eggs or even the king-size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but illogic wonders if I have a tumor. For the record, the waistline issues contributed to the weak closet. And for the record, I would love to be able to blame something other than my own lack of willpower for my waistline issues. That doesn't mean I want to have a tumor, I just want to have something else to blame.

How can I make this Dubya's fault?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on your waistline. I'm pretty sure it's smaller than mine...

Mary said...

Can we both blame Dubya?