I've been working so much lately, I've just gotta give some props to my guy. He's been cooking, cleaning, and doing the shopping for us. He's been mowing our lawn, my mom's lawn, and keeping the gas tanks full in the vehicles. He found time to show my mom and my aunt (ages 84 and 93 respectively) around the neighborhood garden tour. He's been doing all of this while I'm either working or trying to catch a quick nap between tasks.
I miss my downtime but at least he's making it manageable. He's made a lot of things manageable for me. I could never have finished college without his help because I did it at night, six hours a semester, with three kids and two or three part-time jobs, over the course of eleven years. He took over certain things and relieved me of other tasks on school nights. He expanded his culinary skills from scrambled eggs to frozen fish sticks. I believe he also tackled pancakes (Bisquick).
Tonight I'm trying to relax a little and he's making supper. Burgers and foil potatoes on the grill. Cantaloupe. I popped the top on my own wine cooler though. They're left over from the weekend events so I'm trying to finish them up.
Father's Day is this weekend. He's the best. If there was a Husband's Day he'd be the best at that too. I'm just saying.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Couldn't do it alone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment